Terms & Conditions
A credit card is required for the deposit as well as a valid driver’s license. Both need be presented on the day of the rental. Renter needs to be a minimum age of 23 years old. Please note that we do not accept debit cards for the deposit.
1a. Lessee and “additional driver(s)” only, as mentioned in the rental agreement, are authorized to drive the vehicle. Lessee and “additional driver(s)” most be of legal driving age, 23 years, under the Aruban law.
1b. If an accident occurs and the driver is not the Lessee or “additional driver(s)”, the insurance becomes invalid and the Lessee will be held fully responsible for all direct and indirect damages/losses.
2a. If CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) is accepted, the deductible for damages to the rental vehicle is: $500 for cars, and $1,000 for Jeeps, SUV’s and Vans. The CDW covers the rental vehicle for damages in case of a collision. CDW does not cover the following situations: “One-way” accidents, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and off-road driving. Damages to third parties, exceeding $50,000. A valid police report of the accident must be presented to our company. If not, the CDW becomes invalid and the Lessee will be held responsible for the total amount of damages/losses. In case CDW is not accepted, the Lessee will be held responsible for the total amount of damages/ losses.
2b. If Theft Insurance is accepted, the deductible for damages to and/or loss of the rental vehicle is $500 for cars, and $1,000 for Jeeps, SUV’s and Vans. Lessee is covered for all damages/losses caused to the vehicle by acts of theft or joyriding. A valid police report of theft and/or damages and the car key must be presented to our company. If not, the Theft Insurance becomes invalid and the Lessee will be held responsible for the total amount of damages/losses. If Theft Insurance is not accepted, the Lessee will be held responsible for the total amount of damages/losses caused by the acts of theft or joyriding.
2c. If Full Insurance is accepted, the Lessee is covered for all damages/losses caused by theft, joyriding and “one-way” accidents. The deductible for damages/ losses to the rental vehicle is $100. Full Insurance does not cover the following situations: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding, off -road driving and damages to third parties, exceeding $50,000. A valid police report of the damage/and or loss must be presented to our company. If not, the Full Insurance becomes invalid and the Lessee will be held responsible for the total amount of damages/losses.
3. Damages and losses are charged as follows: Gas cap $20: Hub cap $35 (or dealer price): Beach Chair $150: Wheel wrench $30: Jack $80: Jack handle $20: Antenna $40: Ice Jug $80: Radio dealer price: Key $20: Key with chip/remote dealer price: Car tire $100: Jeep/SUV’s/Van tire $200: Car rim $120 (aluminum rim, dealer price): Snorkeling Gear $150: Battery Car $100 / Battery Jeep/SUV/Van $160: Jeep soft top $1200 (or dealer price): Jeep hard top $1200 (or dealer price): Jeep/SUV’s/Van rim $170 (alu. rim, dealer price): Key with chip/remote is not permitted in water.
4. Driving off- road, on white sand, dunes or in the ocean, is not permitted. Any damages to the vehicle due to off-road driving or driving on white sand, dunes or in the ocean are for Lessee’s account.
5. The car is delivered with a …. tank of gasoline and must be returned with the same quantity of liters of gasoline. Additional charge per 1/8 tank of gasoline is US$18 for cars/, and US$25 for Jeeps/SUV’s/Vans. In case vehicle is delivered with more gasoline and received, the additional gasoline is non-refundable
6. In case of an accident; please call the road service via phone by dialing 165 and our main office (during office hours 8 AM – 6 PM), phone # (297) 587-1729. Our employees will assist you to obtain the necessary information. A Forensys report must always be filled out.
7. We will assist you in case of a flat tire near town. The cost to repair the flat tire is US$ 10.
8. Vehicle must be returned to the place of pick-up. . Should there be any changes in time, date or place; please notify us at our (main) office, phone # 587-1729.
9. Vehicle must be returned clean and in the same condition as received. In case of excessive dirt, Top Drive can charge the Lessee for any cleaning and repair/replacement costs. Top Drive is not responsible for any personal belongings left in the car.
10. The Lessee is at all times, directly responsible for all damages/losses to the rental vehicle, including water damage. Lessee declares to pay for these damages prior to leaving the island.
11. Lessee will give Top Drive Car Rental a power of attorney to use, if necessary, any provided credit card or company card, to pay these damages/losses.
12. In case a soft -top Jeep is rented, the top must be closed overnight and during rain showers. If not, the Lessee will be held responsible for any kind of (interior) electro damages that may occur to the vehicle.
13. Only Aruban law shall be applicable to this rental agreement.
14a. A mandatory amount of $500, subject to changes, will be held as security deposit, and returned to the Lessee after rental agreement has ended. Return of the security deposit may take up to 30 business days, subject to international banking regulations.
14b. Only credit cards are accepted for security deposit. Debit cards are not allowed.
Drive with us
- Fast Online Booking
- Free Pickup At Your Hotel/Airport
- Free Top Drive Roadmap
- Free Liability Insurance
- Free Cancellation
- Unlimited Mileage
- 24 Hour Road Service
- No Hidden Fees
- Great Service